Coastal Electric Cooperative currently seeks applicants for two career jobs. A Vice President of Engineering and an Operations and a Distribution Engineer.
VICE PRESIDENT ENGINEERING & OPERATIONS
POSTING PERIOD: 7/16/2019 THROUGH 9/16/2019
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
SALARY RANGE: $131,059- $166,593
Due to an internal promotion, Coastal Electric Cooperative is seeking to fill the VP of Engineering and Operations position. This position will oversee the long and short range planning design, inspection of substations and of distribution, transmission, and other facilities. This position will also direct the overall functions of Engineering and Operations.
- Direct the development of long and short range plans for the operation of the distribution system. Develop department methods and procedures.
- Direct all distribution engineering activities and establish engineering standards.
- Direct all line construction, maintenance and operations activities.
- Oversee the development of specifications of material and equipment.
- Occasional travel to attend meetings and conferences.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned by CEO.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and Professional Engineering License in the State of Georgia is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in engineering and construction management for electric utilities and training in SCADA, ITS, AMI, OMS, CIS, and GIS is required.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering with 20 years of experience in electrical utilities and training in the aforementioned systems will be considered.
- Ability to effectively present information to Board of Directors both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate employees under your supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, safety and other work related material.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must process computer skills and be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license as use of company vehicles is required in this job.
- Ability to work nonstandard work hours and be available twenty-four (24) hours each day unless on approved vacation.
- Must live or relocate within 30 minutes of the Midway, GA office.
The duties of this job are primarily indoors. Employee will occasionally be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Coastal Electric Cooperative reserves the right to revise or change the job responsibilities for this position as the need arises. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Relocation assistance is available for this position. A successful candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment screening process to include a drug screening and background investigation. Contact Human Resources if a reasonable accommodation is needed.
Coastal Electric Cooperative
offers excellent benefits including
medical, dental, retirement plan and 401(k).
To be considered for this position,
please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to:
The HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COASTAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION,
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, DRUG FREE WORKPLACE EMPLOYER