Coastal Electric Cooperative is seeking applicants for an Apprentice Line Technician III. The deadline to apply is March 29, 2019.
An Apprentice Line Technician III is responsible for performing line construction and maintenance under the direction of a journeyman-rated line technician.
- Learn basics of overhead and URD construction and become familiar with RUS specifications and the National Electric Code.
- Assist in building line and facilities as directed.
- Help load and unload poles, transformers and other items. Help check material in and out of the warehouse.
- Store material and tools properly and in an orderly manner on his/her assigned vehicle.
- Respond to after-hours trouble on a rotating basis and remain dependably available for duty during inclement weather adversely affecting the Cooperative’s electrical system.
- Understand considerable hazards that exist, including the risk of falls, electric shock, electric flash, automobile traffic and falling objects. Understand and utilize safety equipment.
- Learn and comply with all safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Perform all other job-related duties assigned by management.
High school diploma or state equivalency certificate is required. Availability for and timely response to call-outs are required. A successful applicant must live or relocate to within a 30-minute drive of the Midway office. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. No previous experience is required. A technical certificate in lineman/electrical training is desired. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, safety material and other work-related documents, as well as use standard office equipment and laptops. Must be able to work nonstandard work hours or work week, possible overtime work and be “on call” on a rotating basis. Must have or be able to attain a CDL (commercial driver’s license) within twelve (12) months of being hired, as well as forklift certification. Must have and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license. Must be able to lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
Ninety (90) percent of the duties of this job are performed outdoors. The employee will be exposed to various weather conditions, including extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to utilize specific safety equipment and follow all safety rules.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, retirement plan and 401(k).
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please send cover letter and resume to: recruiting@CoastalElectric.Coop
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Coastal Electric Cooperative reserves the right to revise or change the job responsibilities for this position as the need arises. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Coastal Electric Cooperative is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace.